Thursday, June 11, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop-Happy Father's Day!


Hey there and welcome to our One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop! We are all creating Masculine or Father's Day themed goodies this month! Weren't Justin Kriegers creations AH-MAZING!!! I truly want inside his head for just one day!

As I may have said before I really struggle with the masculine look... I was on the phone with my mom when she said "What about that Labrador Die?"... Who knew that I would get my creative epiphany from my NON-crafty mom!?   So here is my "Father's Day" Card and Beer Bottle Tag!


You all are probably wondering where I got the die! It is made by Cottage Cutz and called Labrador 4 x 4". I was able to find it on Amazon of all things! My Labradors are cut out of Delightful Dijon and Basic Black! The grass on the card was made using this die as well and was made using Mossy Meadow.


The card started with a base of Tip Top Taupe (I am obviously infatuated with this color!!). I then took the Sahara Sand for a nice monochromatic lighter layer. My Very Vanilla is stamped using the Hardwood stamp in Tip Top Taupe ink! I used my sponge dauber to rub the edges lightly with the Tip Top Taupe as well. The Burlap Ribbon is loosely fastened on to the card with the two Antique Brads. The Labrador with grass die cut are attached using a small piece of Sticky Strip and a Stampin' Dimensional. The sentiment is from the great new set Friendly Wishes. I stamped this using Tip Top Taupe ink and then used the Triple Banner Punch to do the banner end! To complete the look I sponge daubed the edges with the Tip Top Taupe. 

Now for my "Beer Bottle Tag"...


This tag coordinates perfectly with the card... I used the same die for the Labrador head but instead of using the grass die on the Mossy Meadow, I used the Fringe Scissors instead! The "Happy Father's Day" sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up! Set called Delightful Dozen... I made the cute little banner using the Triple Banner Punch and the using a 3/4" Circle on the end with  a little bit of linen thread! This too was sponge daubed with Tip Top Taupe... I completed this tag using two small distressed metal brads at the top to give the look of nail heads!

I wanted to take a minute to thank you all for stopping by! My neighbor for this hop is Darla! I can't for you to see her cute and creative goodies!

Happy Thursday to you!!


Darla Roberts


17 comments:

  1. Andrea, I'm loving your card and beer bottle tag! That lab die is on my wishlist now. Loving the colors you used and the burlap with those metal accents is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ!!! I am so happy to have you hopping with us! Thank You for stopping by! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Love the new in colors! All the accents just set it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kim!!! Glad to have you hopping with us!!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I really like this card. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects Andrea! Everything from the die cut to the burlap is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ginger! I am so happy you are joining us on this hop!!

      Delete
  5. Love these! I predict more sales of the Labrador die today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. would never have thought of a tag for beer but it is perfect for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marti... Outside the box!!! I am starting to always think outside of the box! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love this dog silhouette! You do another amazing job! I'll need to case your beer tag to go with my bottle opener! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It is almost as if you and I planned it!!! Thank You for being an amazing part of the OSAT team! You are fab!

      Delete
  8. Love your projects Andrea! The hardwood stamp with the burlap is perfect together...very manly. And the beer bottle tag is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete