Thursday, May 14, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop Monochromatic May


Hey there and welcome to another hop with all my One Stamp At A Time friends!! Wasn't Justin's cards amazing! I am so completely honored he chose me to be on his design team for Can You Case It. 

I am not going to lie I whipped these cuties up in the last three days! Life has been totally crazy with school wrapping up! Field Trips, Assemblies, Volunteer Luncheon!!! I get tired just thinking about all of it, and to think that next year I could be making favors for a lot of these events is great!

This month's theme for our hop is Monochromatic! I had to use one of my favorite retiring colors Coastal Cabana and its darker friend Bermuda Bay! I hope you enjoy it!


I have to be honest, while the card stock and ribbon embellishments on the card are all Stampin' Up!, the stamps are from a set by Unity Stamp Company called Bright, Happy You.


The base of this card is Bermuda Bay. I then did a quick layer of Coastal Cabana to keep the monochromatic thing going. The lovely rose from the  was stamped in Coastal Cabana. I then stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay. The bow on the right was made using the Coastal Cabana Thick Bakers Twine and Bermuda Bay Bakers Twine with little vintage Ruffle Trim in Coastal Cabana to spruce it up a bit. I can thank Mr. Krieger for my new found addiction to Pretty Pink Posh sequins seen here in Sparkling Clear and Marshmallow...


These little paper totes are "Totes"adorable!! I will be honest at first I was like ehhhh. But the more I saw (like fellow hopper Maggie Mata's Chanel one) the more I started to love them! In fact I love them so much that this is my 8th one I have made in the last week! You can get a great tutorial for these on Crafty Hallett


The Body of the purse was made using the 2013-2015 In-Color DSP in Coastal Cabana, then trimmed with Bermuda Bay with a cute little "stitch" made with a white gel pen. I again used the vintage Ruffle Trim in Coastal Cabana to give it a little foof  if you know what I mean. I accented the handles in some vintage Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon and fastened them with some white brads. The flower was made using the NEW (Not available until June 2nd) Stampin' Up! Cotton Paper in Bermuda Bay. I punched about 7 out using the Pansy Punch. I then fastened them together with the retired jumbo brad in White... 

The two little note cards are 4 x 4. I tried to make them coordinate with the main card without being the same. I use the rose stamp again in Coastal Cabana ink and accented it with more Pretty Pink Posh sequins. I then used sentiments from the retired set Loving Thoughts. I also made some cute little coordinating envelopes using our Envelope Punch Board.

I hope I didn't bore you with all the details!! I can't for you all to see what Elizabeth has for you!! She is next!


If you get lost or would like to skip to someone else, here is the order of the hop!
Me!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card and I love the little tote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous of the colors...actually my purse is a teal and would fit right in with your color scheme! the card is beautiful - not the biggest fan of sequins but is a WOW factor on this card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martie, I am not a sequin girl myself!! However, I have found that they just the right bit of FOOF to some cards!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Jumping on the paper purse band wagon is on my "to-do" list!! Love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori!! Jump On!! They are pretty easy to make!! Thank You for stopping by and glad to have you on the hop!

      Delete
  4. Glad you had fun making the bags, they look lovely and thank you for the link to my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects! My favorite colors! Love the purse and it's also on my To Do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be on your "To Do List" It is super easy! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. wow!! Beautiful as always! I love your matching purse and card set! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Talk about gorgeous! These projects are absolutely perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I wouldn't go as far as perfect! But they came together nicely!

      Delete
  8. OMG! How cute! Love the color the straps, the cookie barn, the mini cards! EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome color combo! Bermuda bay goes so well with coastal cabana - never tried that! I love the set you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving that little tote, your card is super too..this is such a great color to stand on it's own in a monochrome challenge :)

    ReplyDelete