Saturday, May 30, 2015

Fab Friday 65-To The Birthday Boy!

Hey there!! Happy weekend to you all! Summer break is in full swing and we have already been to the pool 3 times! The weather seems to be starting to cooperate, so now the kids have been able to play outside too! 

Wesley (he is my oldest) turns 9 on Monday and the color challenge over at the Fab Friday Stampin' Challenge Blog inspired a "Boy" Birthday card of sorts! This will be the first time I have entered a card into Fab Friday and I am sooooooo excited!!!

Here are the details...



This great card started with base of Night of Navy card stock. I decided to do my next layer in Hello Honey card stock. I really like the way it pops! I am trying to use up a bunch of my retiring DSP, so I found a scrap of the Hello Honey polka dot pattern from the Flowerpot DSP for my background. The Amazing Birthday set is really great! I stamped the stripe pattern banner in Night of Navy on Whisper White card stock. The sentiment on top of the stripes was made using Hello Honey, Marina Mist and Night of Navy Stampin' Write Markers. Then I used the Banner Framelits Die to cut these out on my Big Shot! I actually stamped this twice and fussy cut the Night of Navy Happy as well as the Hello Honey Happy and adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals to give it a little more pizzazz! On the right side I used Night of Navy again on the birthday cake circles, and then Marina Mist for the surprise circle. I punched these out using the 1.25 inch Circle punch then adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals. To top this card off I twisted two strands of the Hello Honey Thick Twine from Sale A Bration strung across the top and then put a simple bow on the banner!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. What a "Fab" card! :) Happy Birthday to Wesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How am I just seeing this comment?! Thank you so much my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect! I love the elements you've brought together and your arrangement of the colors, too - just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! These colors are really outside my creative element on the usual day!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Great first challenge card for Fab Friday! So glad you're playing along! The twisted twine is a really great way to add some bulk. Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for taking the time to stop by! It was fun to make and really outside my creative box!

      Delete
  5. Very cute! These colors make for a really great boy card and yours is fun and cheery! Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete