Sunday, May 24, 2015

Can You Case It 71-Farewell In-Colors 2013-2015



Hey there! Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all!! Being from a family of many military members including being married to a veteran, this holiday is a special one for us!
It has been a really soggy first few days of summer break for the kiddos and the temps have not been very summer like either! I won't complain when it is hot though. That is for sure!

We are in the home stretch to the new catalog! So this weeks challenge is a farewell of sorts to my favorite In-Colors of all times, the 2013-2015 In-Colors! While I am not sure I will miss Pistachio Pudding or Crisp Cantaloupe. I am for sure going to miss Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Strawberry Slush! I hope they make a return to the Stampin' Up! color family at some point!


So after spending last Saturday on horseback I decided to let the country girl in me come out on this weeks card!

I started with a base of Baked Brown Sugar card stock with sponged Baked Brown Sugar ink on the edges. My next layer is Coastal Cabana card stock again sponged on the edges with Baked Brown Sugar ink.The Whisper White layer was stamped in Baked Brown Sugar ink with the background stamp I Love Lace then finished with sponging the edges with Baked Brown Sugar. I took one of our cute Tea Lace Doilies and folded a portion of it on the left edge. The Boots are made using Bootiful Occasions. I stamped them on Coastal Cabana with Versamark and then heat embossed them with our Heat Tool in Stampin' Emboss Gold. I used my dies from Dies By Dave to cut the boots out with my Big Shot and Magnetic base! I adhered these to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. Every great card needs a sentiment on the front... So I dug out "Boots, class and a lil sass." from a Unity set I got as gift. I accented this banner with the retired Baked Brown Sugar ruffle trim then adhered it with Dimensionals as well!

I hope you all have a great three day weekend! I can't wait to see how you all say goodbye to these great colors on Can You Case It!!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments: