Thursday, April 9, 2015

OSAT Mothers Day Blog Hop

Hello to you all! Welcome to our second month of OSAT Blog Hoppers.  Happy early Mother's Day to all of our mothers of all sorts out there... Most of you probably came from Elizabeth Thatcher's blog! She really does amazing stuff! This month's blog hop features a card and project perfect for that special someone in your life.
So imagine my surprise to find burlap in bright colors in 12 x 12 sheets (DCWV) at Michaels!!! I had to figure out a way to incorporate that with this hop... So Modge Podge, Burlap and I became great friends!!
Let me first give you the scoop on my basket. I used the new Stampin' Up! Berry Basket Die and stamped it out using the Hardwood Stamp in Soft Suede ink onto a Sahara Sand Card Stock. I then sponge daubed the ink to give somewhat of a barn wood feel. The lacey trim under the scallop edge is the Venetian Crochet Trim. I finished the outside of this basket using a retired lace ribbon from Stampin' Up! The flowers were made using the bright DCWV Burlap stack. I treated them with Modge Podge and ran them through my Big Shot with the Spiral Flower Die. I used two of the die cuts on each flower to get a fuller look. To finish off my burlap bouquet I dug out my retired Blossom Builder Punch to make some cute little leaves out of Pear Pizzazz Card Stock and rubbed the edges with the Soft Suede Ink to give them a more weathered look.
It really is a perfect little basket of flowers for mom!
I went in to make this card with the idea that it NEEDED to coordinate with my flower basket (which wasn't made yet). I am a shabby chic, barbwire and roses kind of girl... The card started with a beautiful base of Bermuda Bay Card Stock rubbed on the edges with Soft Suede ink. Like the basket I  stamped the Hardwood Stamp in Soft Suede ink onto Sahara Sand Card Stock and then sponged the ink to give it the same barn wood look as the basket. Now the details... I used the Deco Label Framelits to make the sentiment. I first stamped it in Soft Suede on Whisper White using the I Love Lace background stamp. To finish this label off I managed to find some self adhesive velum that I stamped the sentiment from the Feel Goods stamp set in Versamark and then heat embossed in the metallic copper color. The trim on the bottom was created using the 1 1/4 inch Burlap ribbon with an overlay of crocheted trim that is vintage Stampin' Up! and fastened by a cute off white ribbon slide/brad that I had in my stash. My finishing touches for this card were the Strawberry Slush stamped butterfly using the Butterfly Basics set and coordinating Thinlits. I topped it off with the hearts from Wooden Elements Embellishments...

Thank You all for stopping by!! Make sure you take the time to check out EVERYONE on the hop!! Megan Thompson is next!! Have a fabulous Thursday! 

 Megan Thompson


17 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely LOVE both your card and your sweet little berry basket with those amazing flowers! I'm kicking myself now for not buying the colored burlap when I saw it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Tina!! I foresee a trip to Michael's in your future!

      Delete
  2. Those burlap flowers!! <3 <3 <3 love the colors of them! great projects Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Holly! Not sure when I would do it again... Modge Podge can be messy!

      Delete
  3. WOW! I'm so amazed at your talent. I'm loving on those burlap flowers, they don't look itchy at all. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maggie!! It truly is an honor to have you on our hop!!! Glad to have you on our team!

      Delete
  4. Love all of it, the burlap roses are perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! I'll have to up my game for the next hop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colors just pop off the page - what i really loved was the metallic copper embossing - so rich looking - way to rock it Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful and pretty projects Andrea. The burlap flowers make me want to pull out my Big Shot right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects Andrea! You are doing amazing work.
    For availing the best real estate agents in Santa Monica CA work you may contact us for best services.

    ReplyDelete